Welcome to our new web site!
To give our readers a chance to experience all that our new website has to offer, we have made all content freely avaiable, through October 1, 2018.
During this time, print and digital subscribers will not need to log in to view our stories or e-editions.
Walk-in, drive-thru service given Oct. 31
The New Mexico Department of Health announced today a flu vaccination event will be held from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31, at Memorial Medical Center in Las Cruces. No cost flu shots and flu mist will be available during these times or while supplies last.
Drive-thru and walk-in service will be provided for adults. Families with children under 18 will be required to park and enter the MMC West Annex Building. Enter the north side of MMC’s parking lot from Terrace Drive between Telshor and Don Roser. Both flu shots and flu mist for children will be available.
It is recommended everyone six months of age and older get a flu vaccine each flu season, especially people in the following groups because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
• Children 6 months through 4 years of age
• Pregnant women (any trimester) • People age 50 and older
• People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunocompromised • People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
• People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
• American Indians and Alaskan Natives • People who are morbidly obese
• Health care and early childhood personnel Anyone attending the flu vaccination event can complete their consent forms ahead of time by visiting www. mmclc.org/fluclinic, and present their completed forms at the time of service.
The flu vaccination event is created in partnership with the New Mexico Department of Health, Memorial Medical Center, the Doña Ana County Immunization Coalition, the United Way of Southwest New Mexico, the City of Las Cruces, Doña Ana County Government, Las Cruces Public Schools, New Mexico State University and the United States/Mexico Border Health Commission.
For more information on the nocharge flu vaccination event, call 5285197.