Kids Can! popup market and Doña Ana Community College Kids College are partnering to offer youth entrepreneur camps this summer. There are no fees for the camps.
Here are the camps:
- Business Builders: To build entrepreneurial and business skills, each participating camper will plan, market and launch a new micro-business; for ages 10-17; four sections: 1) 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 6-10, Thomas Branigan Memorial Library, 200 E. Picacho Ave.; 2) 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 13-17, Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 Bell Ave.; 3) 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday, June 20-24, DACC Workforce Center, 2345 Nevada Ave.; and 4) Hatch Valley Schools, 170 E. Herrera Road, Hatch, 104 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 27-30.
For Ages 10-17.
- Graphic Design: Campers learn how to use Adobe Suite products like InDesign and Photoshop to create marketing materials for their products; for ages 10-17; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 20-24, DACC Workforce Center.
- Lemonade Stands #lifeissweet: Campers explore entrepreneurship, gain business and leadership skills and increase in money smarts as they set goals for success, make a plan and launch a business; for ages 8-12; five sections: 1) 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday, June 6-9; Little Footprints, 119 E. Davis Road in Hatch; 2) 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 6-10, 3) DACC Workforce Center; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Friday; 3) DACC East Mesa, 2800 Sonoma Ranch Blvd.; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 20-24; 4) DACC Sunland Park, 3365 McNutt Road in Sunland Park; 1-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, July 5-8; 5) DACC Chaparral, 755 Prescott Anthony Drive in Chaparral; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, July 11-15.
- Nutrition/CPR Certification: Students will learn about health eating and lifestyle choices and train to become certified in CPR/AED from Region II EMS; for ages 10-17; two sections: DACC Workforce Center; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, June 27-30; DACC Gadsden, 1700 Ohara Road in Anthony, New Mexico; 1-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, July 18-22.
- The Babysitting Club: Hands-on training and a startup kit so campers can become top-notch babysitters. Participants can also certify in CPR if they sign up for the whole day; for ages 10-17; two sections: 1) DACC Workforce Center, 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday, June 27-30; and 2) DACC Gadsden, 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday, July 18-22.
- The Business of Art: Campers learn about creatively using art to help market businesses and to produce art to sell at a lemonade stand; for ages 8-12; three sections: 1) DACC Workforce Center, 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday, June 6-10; 2) DACC Sunland Park, 9 a.m.-noon, Tuesday-Friday, July 5-8; DACC Chaparral, 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday, July 11-14.
Sign up for the morning and afternoon camps offered at the same location and your kids will be offered a free lunch.
To register online, visit https://dacc.asapconnected.com/#CourseGroupID=40193, or visit https://dacc.asapconnected.com/ and click on “Youth Programs.”
For more information, call 575-527-7776 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.